Sales Telephone: 419.625.4014 ext 4003
Batch Ovens >> Walk in Ovens
LEWCO Walk-In Ovens are the most versatile of all standard configurations. LEWCO Walk-In Ovens are available with either dual or horizontal air flow, these models are best suited for processing large parts or material on carts or racks. Standard units are available with work-spaces from 80-1000 cubic feet and are shipped factory tested and fully assembled.
- The National Fire Protection Association’s Standard NFPA 86 documents guidelines for the safe operation of industrial ovens and furnaces. All LEWCO Ovens are designed and manufactured to meet the requirements of this standard.
- Ovens and furnaces in which flammable volatiles or combustible materials are present in the work space are classified by NFPA 86 as Class A. Similarly, ovens and furnaces wherein no flammable volatiles or combustible materials are present are considered Class B. Due to the risk of fire or explosion, NFPA 86 requires specific safety equipment for all Class A ovens and furnaces. Fuel gas fired ovens and furnaces also require the same safety equipment. Specifically:
- Powered exhaust of capacity determined by burner size and solvent load present.
- Explosion relief of adequate area determined by oven or furnace volume.
- Inner shell: Welded, 16 gauge, aluminized.
- Outer shell: Standing seam 18 gauge CRS covers.
- Insulation: 8# Mineral wool.
- Wall design: Heat losses are minimized by a unique wall design featuring a welded inner shell and a completely isolated outer frame and covers.
- Exterior Finish: Machine gray.
- Heavy-duty door on an isolated door frame assures positive door seal throughout the heating cycle
- Center wedge design to minimize heat loss between the doors.
- Large diameter, wire cored gasket.
- Explosion relief safety latches.
- High volume circulation fan efficiently delivers heat to the oven work space.
- Rugged 16 gauge aluminized steel duct work.
- Integral supply and return plenums provide uniform heat distribution throughout the oven.
- Plenum covers are easily removable to facilitate thorough cleaning.